Friday 30 August 2013

New Stamps

After being inspired by my cousin's (Fleur) creations I just had to treat myself to some stamps from Lili of the Valley Stamps - the first thing I did once I received them was to create a box to keep them in.  Because they are unmounted stamps I prepared them with some cling mount (you can get various brands to do this - in fact some people use Pritt glue to adhere them to a stamping block but I find mine always falling off at the crucial time and spoil the card); once this was done I just stamped on some paper and cut it down - this helps you to see the image better.



We were going to a Christening and Lilie of the Valley was one of the few places where they did a stamp for this occasion and it doesn't need a lot of colour to it.


The Stain Glass done in pale colours - flowers coloured in pink for the gender.  Pillow and gown left uncoloured.








Add some stickles glitter for the bling effect
 
 

And this the finished card - a few embellishments and personalisation and there you have a simple, effective card for the occasion.  It is well worth visiting their website http://liliofthevalley.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment